Wednesday 2 November 2011

Big numbers for west end residential

Developers’ ambitions to build ultra luxury apartments in the West End are increasing as the flow of foreign buyers continues to grow, the latest being Greek and Spanish investors seeking safe havens for their cash.

Among the luxury projects is a proposed plan by Brockton Capital for a £400 million residential scheme on a corner site at 56 Curzon Street where it has been piecing together the land since 2007.

At the moment, the block has 35 flats and the new scheme would have a restaurant, garden, spa and underground parking. Initial estimates are that selling prices would be £48,420 a sq.metre (£4,500 a sq.ft.).

Another major residential scheme is for the Clarges Estate at 82-84 Piccadilly, a former office of the MI6 spy agency, which is expected to go to Chelsfield Partners for £170 million. The 1 acre scheme could mean similar prices to those
expected for Brockton’s project and comes at a time when there is a shortage of major sites for offices in the West End.

John Caudwell, who made a fortune marketing mobile telephones, has joined in the quest for luxury residential schemes in the heart of Mayfair. He has purchased Audley Square House for £143 million and plans a large residential scheme.

Caudwell said: “The intention is not just to re establish Audley Square as one of the most desirable residential areas in London, but as one of the most desirable in the world, with super prime properties appealing to the most discerning buyers and I believe traditional Mayfair architecture is the key to success.”

5 comments:

  1. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would

    completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a

    way to subscribe to your site via email.

    apartments for sale in Birmingham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to become visiting your weblog again, it has been months for me. Nicely this article that i've been waited for so long. I will need this post to total my assignment in the college, and it has exact same topic together with your write-up. Thanks, good share. Agenti di Commercio in Germania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for novice blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it. buy backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, you have pointed out some fantastic points , I likewise think this s a very wonderful website. Somium Apartments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicaragua is still an affordable real estate market but prices are on the rise. The market is unique but smart investors can buy bargain properties at a fraction of what similar homes and commercial properties cost elsewhere. fha loan nevada

    ReplyDelete